Lead organisational change and sponsor the implementation.
This programme is a working session designed for individual executives and leadership teams who recognise the value of change management and want to make it a critical business tool for their organisations. Sponsors will come away from this working session with experience applying Managed Change™ to increase the success rate of their changes. Each session is tailored to meet the participants’ unique business and/or industry needs.
- Determine the value of change management and what it could mean in the organisation
- Determine their role and responsibilities as Sponsors who lead change and the requirements of Change Agents they assign to manage implementation
- Develop effective sponsorship techniques for use in their role as a leader of change
- Examine current change initiatives and their alignment or disconnection
- Build a cohesive definition of the vision, or Desired State, for their key change projects
- Introduce and apply selected Managed Change™ tools to reduce potential risks and increase the probability of successful change
Pre-work: A ChangeTools consultant will conduct a situational orientation to gain an understanding of the organisation, the business vision/mission/ goals, its unique needs and issues, and an overview of the current change initiatives. Based on this input, the consultant will customise the program to the client environment and the desired outcomes for the session.
Change Management Effectiveness and Value
- Agree to a common definition of change management
- Explore the requirements for successful implementation
Role of the Sponsor
- Define skills required of leaders as Sponsors of change
- Build understanding of role and responsibilities
- Identify and manage Sponsor challenges
- Explore differences between the roles of Sponsor and of Change Agent
Managed Change™ – The Process
- Define role of change Sponsor
- Identify the resistance to current changes and the sources of the resistance
- Discuss how resistance is identified, prevented, reduced and eliminated
- Examine the potential risks to the organisation
- Define the associated roles and responsibilities
- Identify the action steps required
Post-session: Incorporating the outcomes of the Leader as Sponsor of Change Program, the ChangeTools Consultant will develop a Change Management Strategy, including a Risk Mitigation Plan, for the organisation and present it to senior leadership as a way forward approach.
To learn more contact Kirstin for a conversation.