The Managed Change™ Agent Certification Program is designed to provide emerging change management practitioners with the opportunity to learn the Managed Change™ methodology and apply the concepts and tools to real changes happening in their organisations.
Participants are usually Change Agents responsible for developing and applying a robust change management plan and/or project team members who recognise the value of incorporating change management into project plans.
Certification is granted after completion of a three-day facilitated workshop, including an assessment to test candidates’ understanding of the Managed Change™ methodology, AND subsequent submission of a Project Workbook sharing the lessons learned and demonstrating the candidate’s ability to apply the foundational processes and tools.
- Develop a working knowledge of the foundational components of the Managed Change™ methodology.
- Identify the potential organisational resistance that will impact the success of a change.
- Design and build a change management strategy.
- Assess the skills of the people who are charged with making the change happen and creating a plan for enhancing and leveraging their skills including leaders who need to serve as Sponsors of the change.
- Develop change management systems that will help people overcome their resistance and more rapidly accept the change.
- Learn how to design Communication, Learning, Reward/Recognition and Sponsor Development Plans for reinforcing and encouraging positive, productive behaviours and discouraging nonproductive and counter- productive behaviours.
- Build a plan to monitor the results of the project to make sure that the changes are sustained.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively apply the Managed Change™ process, model and toolkit to actual changes happening in the organisation.
An Overview of the Change Process
- Cost of failure to manage change effectively
- Managed Change™ defined
- Change management myths
Managed Change™ Model: The Stages of Change
- Current – Delta – Desired States
- Analyse stages of change as sources of resistance
- Risk/reward analysis
The Delta: Managing the Transition State
- Change approaches
- Impact of multiple changes
- Delta Dip performance
- Change Headquarters
- Change readiness
- Documenting and mitigating resistance
Key Stakeholders: Sponsors, Change Agents and Targets
- Key roles and responsibilities
- Key role skill and will assessment
- Sponsor development
- Strategies for acceptance
Change Systems: Learning, Communication and Rewards
- Education and training for key stakeholders
- Communication plans for Current, Delta, Desired States
- Reward, recognition and reinforcement strategies
- Effective learning plans
Change Plan Implementation
- Resistance mitigation
- Governance and role contracts
- Project Charters
- Integration with Project Management
Sustain the Change
- Exit strategy
- Monitor and sustainment strategies and tools
Managed Change™ Application
- Case studies
- Tools, tips and techniques
- Resistance data collection and analysis techniques
- Peer change project review and coaching
PRIVATE Client-hosted – Tailored to meet the unique needs of your organisation
PUBLIC Open Enrolment – Interact with peers from other organisations. Please contact us for dates of future programmes.
VIRTUAL Self-paced – Work remotely with us to earn your certification
To book your place or for more information contact us.