‘If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.’ ∼ African proverb
Most change challenges demand that groups work as genuinely collaborative teams, rather than simply as collections of individuals. Yet leaders are often prized for their functional expertise, their ability to ‘have all the answers’ and to deliver solo against the odds.
At ChangeTools we are committed to working with senior leadership and change agent teams to mitigate the risks from over-reliance on individual leadership and unleash the potential of strong collective leadership. Our work includes supporting teams to:
- Develop a strong sense of purpose and shared endeavour
- Create a coherent, consistent and motivationally rich narrative about change for the people they are leading
- Get clear about ways of working that will support high performance, individually and collectively
- Develop trust as an essential basis for success
- Lead with humility and courageous authenticity
- Work collaboratively, with inquiry as a foundational practice
- Access the collective wisdom necessary to lead well in the face of evermore complex environments.
To discuss your situation and explore how we might help you achieve the change in team performance you’re looking for, contact Kirstin.